The gym was closed AGAIN on Thursday. I was so mad I wrote the Y a letter and I am not a letter writer, but I couldn't help it! I was so frustrated and started thinking of friends with an apartment gym nearby where I could workout. Sadly the parking lot at work looked like this:
so I was limited in where I could go. The roads where still somewhat icy, so I didn't want to be driving all of over town. Most of my friends are now in houses, so I couldn't think of anyone to call that was nearby. I started racking my brain and thought about the LA Fitness near my office. They have a guest pass online. Genius! I called to make sure they were open (yep, they'd been open since Tuesday!) and I heaed over there after work. After about a 5 minute speech trying to get me to sign up for a membership, they gave me the guest pass and I was on my way.
I was so excited to run again!! Yes! But what was with these treadmills? I quickly realized that my Y had much better equipment. All of these cardio machines looked like the sames ones I used in college at Ramsey. Oh well, I didn't care. I just needed something so that I could run. I was kind of in a time crunch because David and I had driven together and I had to pick him up later from MARTA, but I manage to squeeze in a good 3.75 miles.
I won't lie. I could tell that my body was a little off. That first mile was great, but from then on I started feeling tired. After mile 3 I was breathing pretty hard, but I was determined to finish strong. I was happy with my run and was just so excited to get back out there. It really made my day! And David was glad that I was able to jump back into my routine. Can't wait to get back on track!
I am so sorry that your Y has been sucking so much. Love your resourcefulness finding the LA fitness!
ReplyDelete