Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

5 miles on weekday!

I'm not waving - that's a "Five" for five miles on a weekday. 

I was a little annoyed, I must confess, when I saw that Hal's training plan started calling for 5 miles on weekdays. Nasty. I don't have 50 minutes to commit to the treadmill. Is that sad? All I want to do after a long day of work is go home and hang with David. I don't want to spend an hour at the gym. I hate sacrificing spending time with David so that I can train, but he has been so supportive and awesome about it. I can rarely get home to help with dinner, so most days he is in charge of our meals. He has been so good about everything and never complains. I'm a lucky girl!

So off to the gym I went. I wasn't excited. I jumped on the treadmill and after a mile thought, "ughh...4 more", but before I knew it I was past my typical 3 or 4 and getting closer to 5. I pushed through and I was finished and feeling so accomplished! I really had a great run and was liking the fact these 5 mile runs push me a little harder than I am use to on weekdays.

There is something awesome going on in that picture above. The stick is in the background (which I already raved about in an earlier post- go buy one today!) and my race board is behind me. This thing is great and it is such a motivator.


I am excited to add to this race board with new numbers. I'm planning on running the ING (now Publix) half marathon in March, but need to sign up for another race before then if I can. I have to give a shout out to my medals:
ING Half Marathon 2010

US 10k Classic Medal - top finisher. This was my FAVORITE race and still is.

My first half marathon - The 13.1 Marathon, October  2009

Continuing to run races while training is important. It keeps you race ready. I can't wait to run a few before the Marathon in April and pin more numbers to this board!!

No comments:

Post a Comment