Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Forerunner - I'm an official runner now :)

That's me after three miles with my new awesome forerunner. It is the coolest thing ever. Ok, maybe it is kind of big and dorky looking, but I don't care. It's a must for runners (or that's what I've been told). I have been talking about this thing for months. I told David that if I signed up for Marathon that he had to buy me one. He never really agreed with that proposal, but much to my surprise he bought me one the other day because amazon was having a great sale. I was sooo excited to get it in the mail. I have always heard that a forerunner will change the way you train and I can already tell what people mean. It is so motivating to look down at your pace and try to push yourself. When I am going up a big hill and look at my pace at 11 minutes I'm like, "oh no, come on!" It is so cool. And then GPS is amazing. No more planning out all of my runs. That was so obnoxious. I would always have to plan where I was going to run which meant I would run the same routes A LOT, but not anymore. I can just hit the road and go. I haven't even sat down and read about all of the features yet, but I can't wait to figure it all out. Comments welcome!

And there is my first official forerunner after-run pic. Not the most amazing time, but not too shabby for an after work run. I am obsessed with this thing! :) I can't wait for Marathon training with this new gadget! It's going to make such a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment