Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I heart you Chastain Park.

So I have been bummed out about daylight savings time. I kept thinking about how I wouldn't be able to run with the sun starting to set at 5:30 p.m. So I came up with a grand idea - run after work, like right after work. I just bring my clothes to work and try to leave by 5:15 or so, change in the restrooms, put all my stuff in my car, and hit the street right from my office parking lot. It has been GREAT. Although I won't be able to do it everyday. I am not sure my bosses will love that I am gone everyday by 5:15, so it won't be something I can always do, but it is a nice option.

The best part is that my office is only a mile from Chastain Park!! I get to watch the sunset over this beautiful golf course. And they have a great running trail packed with people. I love it!!
It is so refreshing to see so many other runners out there. I love seeing all the buckhead stay at home moms and wives walking and talking on their cell phones. It is either that or they walk in pairs and talk about their days. Meanwhile I stare at them and secretly hope that one day I will be walking with one of my girlfriends in this neighborhood and chatting about my day! How fun!! I enjoyed Chastain so much because it was so different from Blackburn near my house. Usually Blackburn is filled with kids playing soccer and not too many runners. But Chastain had runners everywhere. It made me happy and encouraged! When other people are running too it doesn't seem so bad. :)

I haven't even had my ipod with my the last two days and I have enjoyed running just the same. My course is only partially annoying at the Roswell Rd and Piedmont intersection - so trafficy! I usually get stopped by at least one light - as it's a long one. The awesome forerunner though is programmed to stop my time if my pace gets higher than 14 mins a mile, so it stops when i stop. Pretty cool! I am still trying to figure out all of the cool features of this thing, but I plan on playing with it more this weekend.

For now I have put off looking for a gym. Although I know I will be forced into LA fitness eventually. Especially when it gets cold. I don't do cold weather. The one thing I do love though about the cold weather is that I can run in the afternoon and sleep in. In the summer mornings I'd have to get up early and run to avoid the heat, but in the winter I can wait to run till 2 in the afternoon if I want!

Here was my time from yesterday. The forerunner is the bomb.com - LOVE!

I am so excited about new route! And it is even better with the forerunner. Only a few more weeks left till my 18-week marathon training schedule officially begins!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment