Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 2 - loving the cool weather


That's not a peace sign (my usual pic) that's a two for "day two" -wow, I'm creative. Today I was feeling good! I had to get a quick run in before small group tonight. I did my usual 3 mile out and back through Blackburn Park. I say it is three miles, but I've never actually figured the mileage. I usually just run 15 mins out and then turn around. If I am running at 9 mins a mile then that equals at least three miles. Ok, I know it's not the fanciest thing. I am dying to get a forerunner because I know it will change the way I train. It will obviously make me more precise. Now I just have to talk the hubs into it. I thought I could wait till Christmas, but...

I could feel that I was running faster than normal today and my time was definitely under what I usually run. The weather has been so much cooler and it was drizzling slightly tonight. I can feel such a difference in these falls runs compared to this past summer. I was just dying in the heat and could hardly get through my runs without gasping for air and stopping for water. Now with the cooler weather and low humidity I really feel so much better while I am running and I can actually breathe! What a concept! It has been so nice to have the weather cool off. I love fall.

I am still just so psyched about signing up for the marathon and it's showing in these first few runs. I am super motivated and loving running right now. I know as I type this that I will soon enough be at the point where I am so sick of training that I will just want to quit, but I am hoping I can look back to these posts and remember how excited I was feeling. I am looking forward to these next couple of weeks with this renewed feeling of excitement. It is great to be back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment